Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Một số thành ngữ hay trong Speaking IELTs

Chiều nay chúng ta cùng học về các thành ngữ các em nhé ^^ những thành ngữ này rất dễ hữu dụng trong speaking đó nhé ^^

an arm and a leg: Đắt đỏ
ex: It cost me an arm and a leg to take my trip to Australia.

over the moon: Cực kì hài lòng, vui thích
ex: I was over the moon when he asked me to marry him.

jumping the gun: Làm một việc gì đó quá sớm
ex: You are taking your IELTS test next week?? Aren’t you jumping the gun. You’ve only just started studying.
cow_moon
once in a blue moon: Rất hiếm khi xảy ra
ex: He comes round to see me once in a blue moon.

a piece of cake: Dễ vô cùng
ex: I reckon getting a band 7 in IELTS will be a piece of cake! I’m very good at English.

a drop in the ocean: Một phần cực kì nhỏ bé của 1 thứ vô cùng lớn
ex: The money sent by comic relief to help poverty in Africa is just a drop in the ocean. They need far more than this.

a blessing in disguise: Có thể hiểu là trong cái rủi có cái may
ex: Getting a low score the first time I took IELTS was a blessing in disguise. It forced me to study extremely hard so I got a much better score the next time. 

Actions speak louder than words: Làm thì hay hơn nói
ex: We have to actually do something about global warming. Actions speak louder than words.

It's a small world: Gặp một ai đó mà không hề ngờ tới (Hữu duyên thiên lý năng tương ngộ)
ex: I bumped into Jenny in town the other day. It's a small world. Gặp một ai đó mà không hề ngờ tới (Hữu duyên thiên lý năng tương ngộ)
Vào ĐÂY để xem các bài học thú vị khác
Like Fanpage của cô để tương tác với cô nhiều hơn các bạn nhé ^^   https://www.facebook.com/IeltsCoThuyEd?fref=ts
Lịch khai giảng các lớp mới của cô các bạn nhé http://thuyed.com/blog/category/lich-khai-giang/

0 comments:

Post a Comment